- H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival 2006
- New York Horror Film Festival 2006
- Parsons School of Design Film and Animation Festival 2006
- The New York Short Film Festival for the Strange and Unusual 2006
- The Las Vegas Festival of Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror and the Supernatural 2006
- Winner of the H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival “Brown Jenkins Award.”
So. Ray Zablocki has agreed to direct and shoot a book trailer for The Grind Show, and he liked the novel so much (and my inimitable sense of style) that he’s agreed to do so gratis, without expecting monetary remuneration. Hip hip! But. Making a pro-grade book trailer still costs moolah, so I’ve decided to start a Kickstarter project to raise funds. Funds for location rental, for prop acquisition, for hiring light and sound guys, for making sure we have excellent recording equipment, to pay the actors a small amount for their work, etc.
What does this mean? This means I am creating an incredibly blow your face-off-the-front-of-your-skull Kickstarter project. Kickstarter is a crowd-sourcing means of raising funds for creative projects, in which people pledge to donate cash and only get charged if the funding goal is reached. I’m going to be going live with my KS page soon, and then hopefully I will generate such wonderful monies that Ray will be able to afford gold plated peacocks as extras and shoot scenes from the Marianna Trench with the Weta Workshop from New Zealand creating the props.
I’ve put together a list of rewards for people who contribute funds, ranging from the $5 to the $500 (hey, a guy can dream), but I was wondering: what do you guys think would be good rewards? Interesting, fun things that I can offer to incentivate people to participate, and have a little fun while doing so? Feedback is most earnestly wanted, because thus far this is what I have:
- $5 pdf or kindle copy of the novel
- $10 Printed copy of novel
- $20 All of the above plus your name in the credits of the Movie Trailer
- $50 All of the above plus your name in a Grind Show related short story
- $100 All of the above plus your name in the credits of The Grind Show
- $250 All of the above plus your name in the Grind Show sequel
- $500 All of the above plus a personal Grind Show related short story with you as a central character
Please suggest new ideas, as I truly want to make this as interesting and rewarding as possible. All feedback is appreciated!